- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 150 g chicken thigh fillets diced into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 carrot sliced
- 1/2 cup potato cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup silverbeet roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add in the red onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Add in the vegetable stock, diced tomatoes, chicken thigh, carrot and potato. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the silverbeet, peas, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the fresh parsley. Transfer to a bowl and serve.