- 150 grams chicken breast
- 1/4 avocado cubed
- 1/2 bunch broccolini diced into 1cm pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup coriander fresh roughly chopped
- 1/4 lime juice
- 1.5 teaspoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tablespoon pepitas pumpkin seeds
For the chicken
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and pour over enough water to just cover.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cover with a lid.
- Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccolini to the pan and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and the broccolini and stand the chicken in the liquid for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain and shred the chicken.
For the salad
- Arrange the chicken, avocado, broccolini, spinach, cucumber and coriander around a wide bowl.
- Add lime juice and olive oil to a small jar and shake to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad bowl and sprinkled with pepitas and season with salt and pepper.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?