Low-Sugar Ginger Chew Biscuits
These low-sugar biscuits don't snap or crunch…they chew! And if being a tasty, healthy treat wasn't more than enough, these biscuits have other hidden health qualities thanks to a generous dose of ginger in each serve. Ginger is a medicinal herb known as an antioxidant with natural anti-nausea qualities, so if you suffer from travel sickness make a batch of our ginger chew biscuits before your next trip; and if you're a mum-to-be, these can help relieve morning sickness too!
- 2.5 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda bi-carb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 120 g butter
- 1/4 cup stevia granular sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 orange zested
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350ºF/ Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pulse the almond meal, baking soda, salt and butter briefly in a food processor.
- Add in the stevia, vanilla, spices and zest of the orange and blend a little more to combine.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking tray, around 30, and press down with your hand to flatten.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
To make these vegan, simply replace the butter with coconut oil.