Gluten-Free Winter Sausage Stew
Don't let the 'buckwheat' ingredient fool you, this hearty stew is grain-free, gluten-free, it is sure to be a hit with the family on a cold winter's night.
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 onion (brown) diced
- 1/2 gluten free pork sausage roughly chopped
- 25 grams mushroom (cup or button) sliced
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1 cup kale destemmed & chopped
- 200 grams diced tomato (canned)
- 1/2 cup parsley (fresh) chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/6 cup buckwheat (raw)
- Cook buckwheat according to packed instructions, meanwhile prepare vegetables.
- Add olive oil and onion to a medium saucepan on low-medium heat.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add sausages, mushrooms, carrot, kale, tinned tomatoes, and cooked buckwheat and bring to a gentle boil.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the parsley and lemon juice.
If you have a family member who is gluten intolerant be careful to read the label when you buy your pork sausages. Many sausages are stuffed with cheap fillers that are full of gluten.