Grilled Summer Quinoa Bowl
One of my favourite things about summer, is our fresh and delicious 28 menu. My Grilled Summer Quinoa Bowl is one of the latest additions to the program, and if you're wondering, yes it tastes as good as it looks!
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed & cooked
- 250 g salmon fillets cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 lime
- soy sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Ingredients for Serving
- freshly chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill plate over high heat.
- Brush salmon pieces with sesame oil and season.
- Cook for 3 minutes each side till opaque in colour.
- Arrange remaining ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with remaining sesame oil, soy sauce and half of lime, juiced.
- Transfer salmon to prepared bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with extra lime and coriander leaves.