Sweet Potato 'tortilla chips'
- 1 sweet potato peeled & sliced thinly into discs
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups corn kernels tinned, drained & rinsed
- 4 tsp greek yoghurt
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp coriander fresh, chopped
- 1 red capsicum finely diced
Black bean mix
- 2 cups black beans canned, drained & well-rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lime halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 tbsp coriander fresh, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Line a large flat oven tray with baking paper
- Evenly brush, spray or rub oil onto each sweet potato disc (both sides). Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place on a lined tray and bake until crisp for 8-12 minutes, depending on how thin they have been sliced.
- Blend half the corn kernels in a food processor with lime, coriander and greek yoghurt.
- Transfer the blended corn dip into a small bowl and then mix the remaining corn kernels and red capsicum through to add some texture.
Black bean mix
- In a small bowl, add the black beans, cumin, lime juice, olive oil and stir together. Add salt & pepper to taste, then set aside.
Time to plate up
- Lay the crispy sweet potato discs on a serving plate.
- Spoon all of the black bean mix and some of the corn dip over the discs.
- Gently layer the slices of avocado and chopped coriander leaves on top of the beans, and place the remaining corn dip in a small bowl on the side.
- Garnish with lime wedges on the side and serve immediately, while the sweet potato is still hot.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?