- 1 cup rolled oats or quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 medjool dates pitted
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried mixed fruit
- Line an 8×8 inch tin with baking paper.
- In a blender, place oats, cashews, pistachios and coconut and process until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Reserve the pumpkin seeds and cranberries to add at the end for more texture.
- Add in the dates, cacao nibs, cacao, coconut oil, almond butter, rice malt syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Blend again until all ingredients are combined well, the mixture will be quite doughy.
- Finally, remove the mixture from the blender and place into a medium bowl and stir in the pumpkin seeds and dried fruit.
- Place mixture into the lined tin and using your fingers tips, press until evenly spread.
- Place slice into the freezer for one hour until set. To slice, use a sharp knife and cut into 16 squares.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?