Polenta Chips with Green Olive Tapenade
Need a healthy crunch to get you through the afternoon slump? These Polenta Chips are one of the latest additions to the 28 menu, and trust me once you're friends and family try these, they'll soon become the most requested. Try my new Polenta Chips with Olive Tapenade.
- 250 g polenta instant
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- 1 litre vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon rosemary dried or fresh
- salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Tapenade:
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 tablespoon baby capers optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan forced and bring stock to the boil with bay leaf and rosemary.
- Remove bay leaf and rosemary.
- Gradually rain polenta into boiling stock in a steady stream, whisking fast as it goes in.
- Keep whisking rapidly until polenta starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and mix through cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Press polenta into a non stick tray, cover with film and fridge set for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tapenade in a blender with 1 tbsp olive oil, olives, capers, garlic and 2 tbsp water. Blitz to a well combined paste.
- Once polenta is firm and set, turn out onto a chopping board and cut into thick, baton chips
- Brush with remaining olive oil, place on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Mix additional rosemary with salt flakes. Sprinkle over chips and serve with tapenade.