- 250 g polenta instant
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- 1 litre vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon rosemary dried or fresh
- salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Tapenade:
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 tablespoon baby capers optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan forced and bring stock to the boil with bay leaf and rosemary.
- Remove bay leaf and rosemary.
- Gradually rain polenta into boiling stock in a steady stream, whisking fast as it goes in.
- Keep whisking rapidly until polenta starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and mix through cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Press polenta into a non stick tray, cover with film and fridge set for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tapenade in a blender with 1 tbsp olive oil, olives, capers, garlic and 2 tbsp water. Blitz to a well combined paste.
- Once polenta is firm and set, turn out onto a chopping board and cut into thick, baton chips
- Brush with remaining olive oil, place on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Mix additional rosemary with salt flakes. Sprinkle over chips and serve with tapenade.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?