- 1 cup pumpkin grated
- 1 free range egg whisked
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour or gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 sprig spring onion finely sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1/2 to mato chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, egg, flour, cheese and spring onion, salt and pepper and form into fritters.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the fritters. Cook for 5 minutes each side, or until golden and crisp.
- Place the rocket and tomato on a plate and drizzle over the remaining extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, add the fritters to the plate and serve.