For the salad
- 2 tbsp quinoa (raw) rinsed
- 2/3 cup pumpkin cut into cubes
- 30 g haloumi sliced
- 1/4 cup lentils tinned, drained & rinsed
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1 tsp pomegranate seeds
For the salad dressing
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard dijon
- 1/4 tsp raw honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C. Roast the pumpkin for 30-35 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Combine the lentils, tomatoes, onion, pistachio nuts, currants, parsley and rocket and set aside in a serving bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard and raw honey together, and drizzle over the salad.
- When the roasting pumpkin is almost ready, grill the haloumi slices for 1-2 minutes on each side (or dry fry on a frypan on medium heat starts to brown and crisp up turn the pieces over and cook on the other side for another minute or two).
- Add the pumpkin and quinoa to the salad and gently toss through the salad, then sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and top your salad with the warm haloumi. Now it’s ready to eat!
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?