- 1/2 cup sweet potato cut into large chunks
- 1 beetroot cut into large chunks
- 1/2 zucchini cut into large chunks
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil melted
- 2.5 tablespoon quinoa raw rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh) fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepitas
- 60 grams haloumi cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1/4 lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Toss vegetables in melted coconut oil and season well.
- Roast until tender, remove from the oven and place in a big bowl.
- Please cook quinoa according to packet instructions. Fluff halfway through with a fork for extra volume.
- Add quinoa, spinach, parsley and pumpkin seeds to a bowl and toss well to combine.
- Heat a frypan over a high heat and grill haloumi slices for a couple of minutes each side until golden. Scatter the haloumi pieces throughout the salad.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and enjoy!
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?