- Baking tray
- Mixing Bowl
- Serving bowl(s)
For the roast vegetables
- 1/2 cup sweet potato cut into large chunks
- 1 beetroot cut into large chunks
- 1/2 zucchini cut into large chunks
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil extra-virgin, melted
For the warm salad
- 2.5 tablespoon quinoa raw rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepitas
- 60 grams haloumi cut into 1cm thick slices (for vegan option use bio cheese halloumi)
- 1/4 lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
To prepare the roast veg
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Toss vegetables in melted coconut oil and season well.
- Roast until tender, remove from the oven and place in a big mixing bowl.
To prepare the salad
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions (pro tip: fluff the quinoa halfway through with a fork to create extra volume) and drain if there is any water left.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the mixing bowl, then add the fresh spinach, parsley and pumpkin seeds and toss well to combine. Share the salad evenly between the serving bowls
To prepare the haloumi
- Heat a frypan over a high heat and grill haloumi slices for a couple of minutes each side until golden. Scatter the warm haloumi pieces over the salad.
- Finish by squeezing lemon juice over the salad and serve immediately. Enjoy!
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?