Roasted Beetroot Dip with Crostinis
It's something we hear all the time, we need to be getting more vegetables into our diets, the good news is, it's pretty easy to sneak more veggies in! One of our favourite ways is with veggie dip. My roasted beetroot is one of our 28 favourites.
- 2 beetroot peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cashews soaked in water
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander freshly chopped
- 1 wholemeal long bread roll or gluten free roll, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 210ºC fan forced.
- Cut peeled beetroot into 8- 10 even sized chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Mix through with olive oil, salt, pepper and spices to evenly coat.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Strain cashew nuts and blend in a food processor with dijon mustard, tahini, baked beetroot and remaining juices.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- Slice and toast roll/baguette in a toaster or on a baking tray in the oven and serve with beetroot dip.