- 2 beetroot peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cashews soaked in water
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander freshly chopped
- 1 wholemeal long bread roll or gluten free roll, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 210ºC fan forced.
- Cut peeled beetroot into 8- 10 even sized chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Mix through with olive oil, salt, pepper and spices to evenly coat.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Strain cashew nuts and blend in a food processor with dijon mustard, tahini, baked beetroot and remaining juices.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- Slice and toast roll/baguette in a toaster or on a baking tray in the oven and serve with beetroot dip.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?