- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion small, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 80 g chorizo sausage remove the skin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 120 g tomato passata
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup green peas
- 20 g baby bocconcini
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon quartered
- Heat the coconut oil in an oven proof frypan over moderate heat.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, capsicum and spices. Stir until they start to soften.
- Add chorizo mince and bay leaf to the frypan and stir until cooked, breaking up the chorizo with the back of a spoon. (If you have bought hard or cured chorizo, simply dice and add to the frypan.)
- Stir through the tomato paste for 1 minute.
- Then, add rinsed cannelini beans, tomato passata and water.
- Bring to a simmer and mix through the peas.
- Poke the boccincini into the top of beans mixture and place under a high grill until melted.
- Top with parsley leaves and fresh lemon juice if desired.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?