Spinach & Feta Breakfast Muffins
- 2.5 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder or gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 200 g feta cheese crumbled
- 6 cups baby spinach shredded or finely chopped
- 1 free range egg
- 333 mls full cream milk
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease or line a muffin tray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Stir in the feta and spinach.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, butter and dill. Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture and gently fold until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold. These can also be made in advance and frozen.