Sugar Free Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
These chocolate nut butter cups are just like the commercial peanut butter cups… only way better.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Large pinch of sea salt
- Arrange small chocolate papers on a tray.
- Combine the coconut oil and cacao powder until smooth, then stir in the syrup and coconut cream.
- Pour a thin layer into the bottom of the chocolate papers.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and spoon ⅓ teaspoon nut butter into each one.
- Pour the remaining cacao mixture on top and scatter sea salt over.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set (or, if you’re short of time, freeze them).
- Eat straight from the fridge – these won’t last at room temperature.
You know those junky peanut butter cups you can buy? Well, these are same-same-but-way-better. The coconut cream in this recipe makes the ‘chocolate’ smoother. Interestingly, I find the more coconut cream you use, the harder the chocolate texture.