Sweet Potato Brownies
We aim to have veggies at every meal and we even add them into desserts like in this Sweet Potato Brownie recipe. Another perk? It's made in the slow cooker! Which makes these extra gooey and fudgy, just like a brownie should be.
- oil or butter for greasing
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (sugarfree) 28 By Sam Wood optional
- 50 g 85% dark chocolate chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato puree or 1 large sweet potato, skin removed. Cooked in the oven until soft then mashed
- 3 free-range eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- Grease the slow cooker insert, line with baking paper so that it reaches halfway up the sides.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, add all the wet ingredients including sweet potato flesh and whisk.
- Stir the dry ingredients unto the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined slow cooker and spread evenly.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or high for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.