- 12 medjool dates
- 2/3 cup cashews natural
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Protein Powder (sugarfree) 28 By Sam Wood
Make the nougat layer
- To prepare the nougat layer, soak the macadamia nuts and cashew in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and then blend the nuts and 5 of the dates in a food processor until the dates are broken down into a fine consistency.
- Lay 12 small cupcake liners (or 6 bigger ones) and evenly cover each base with the nougat. (I roll them into small discs and then place them into the cupcake liner).
- Place in freezer while working on step two.
Make the caramel
- Combine the almond butter with the remaining dates and process until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract & vanilla protein powder, a dash of the maple syrup and a pinch of salt to the food processer and pulse until smooth.
- Roll into small discs and place evenly into the cupcakes on top of the nougat.
- Sprinkle some crushed macadamia and peanuts on top
- Add the chocolate layer and press into the caramel.
- Place back in freezer while making chocolate.
Make the chocolate
- Put the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds in a bowl.
- Remove and mix through the cacao powder, remaining maple syrup and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Stir until combined then carefully pour the chocolate syrup evenly onto the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle any remaining crushed nuts over the top for a garnish.
- Place the cupcakes in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to serve and…. Enjoy!
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?