BBQ Corn & Haloumi Salad
Have you tried this summer corn salad recipe yet? It's full of yummy halloumi-salty, lime-zesty, BBQ corn salady goodness! With 25grams of protein per serve, this is a complete meal in itself (especially if you're watching your weight) but it's also an impressive and healthy side-salad perfect for a BBQ. P.S. It's so tasty even meat-lovers who normally skip the salad to pile up on the extra snags will come back for more!
- 1 corn cob sweet corn
- 120 g haloumi cut into 2cm thick slices
- 1 cup kidney beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 green capsicum diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat a barbeque grill on medium heat and cook corn, turning regularly for 12 minutes or until softened and browned. Set aside to cool.
- Add haloumi and grill for two minutes each side.
- Using a sharp paring knife remove corn kernals from the cob and divide between two bowls.
- Add kidney beans, onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, avocado and coriander.
- Season well and toss to combine.
- Lay the haloumi slices on top of the salad.
- Squeeze the lime juice over to serve.