Healthy Tim Tams
There's nothing wrong with giving into that 3:30itis when these Healthy Tam Tims are there to get you through. Give them a go, and yes, you can still drink your tea through these ones too!
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoons granulated stevia
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 75 g unsalted cold butter diced
- 1/4 cup milk any kind, though full-fat dairy is best
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 100 g dark 85-90% cocochocolate (chopped into small, even-sized pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4 and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, stevia, cacao powder, butter and milk in a food processor bowl and process to make a firm dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to make a rectangle (about 5mm thick).
- Cut into 16 equal sized smaller rectangles.
- Transfer to the baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the ganache, place all ingredients in a small bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, spread a thin layer of ganache over eight biscuits and top each one with another biscuit, sandwiching them together.
- Place in the fridge while you make the chocolate coating.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a microwave (or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water).
- Dip each biscuit sandwich in the melted chocolate and place on the baking paper.
- Return to the fridge to set before serving.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.