- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup dissolved in a little hot water
- ¼ cup olive oil virgin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 400 g chicken breast diced
- 200 g corn chips baked, not fried
- 100 g mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 carrot small, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber small, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tbsp sour cream (or greek yoghurt)
- Add the tamari, vinegar, rice malt syrup, olive oil garlic and chilli flakes to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add in the diced chicken and coat well.
- Heat a large skillet pan over a medium-high heat. Preferably use a pan with a lid, or steal a large lid from one of your pots. Add in the chicken and the marinade juices to the pan
and cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are cooked through. Cover with
a lid to steam the chicken and keep it juicy.
- Add in the tortilla chips and stir through the chicken. Don’t worry if the corn chips break up a little. Top with the grated cheese and cook until melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top nachos with carrot, cucumber and avocado. Dollop with sour cream or yoghurt to serve. Share between a group – and eat straight from the pan, it always tastes better that way!
Dairy-Free option: Replace mozzarella with 2 diced tomatoes for a fresh & zesty taste. This Healthy Nachos recipe is from 28 By Sam Wood, powered by I Quit Sugar and developed by Georgia Bellas.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?