- 100 g bacon finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 dash black pepper to taste
- 150 g wholemeal spaghetti or gluten free spaghetti
- 2 teaspoon parmesan cheese grated, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- In a medium fry pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and fry the bacon until crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan and black pepper then set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain immediately and place the spaghetti back into the pot, but turn OFF the heat (this is important or you will scramble the eggs).
- Working quickly, pour in the egg mixture and the bacon and toss until it forms a well combined spaghetti sauce and the egg has gently cooked into a creamy consistency.
- Toss with parsley and serve hot with extra parmesan.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?