My 28ers go crazy for this granola recipe. Top with some greek yoghurt and your favourite fruits for a twist on an every day favourite.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan forced.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the maple syrup, tahini and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir well.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and spread the granola evenly.
- Bake the granola for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the tray from the oven and stir the granola.
- Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes to ensure the granola is evenly cooked – it should be golden brown.
- Allow the granola to cool and place into an airtight jar.
When ready to eat, serve a portion of granola with Greek yoghurt and your favourite fruit toppings – yum!