- 400 g black beans drained & rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cups water
- 2 tomatoes finely diced
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 red capsicum finely diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 red chilli small, finely diced
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 125 g corn kernels tinned, rinsed
- 1/2 lime quartered
- 1/2 red chilli small, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 4 mini corn tortilla
- Heat a non stick frypan over medium high heat and cook rinsed beans with the garlic, spices and 1/3 cup of water, stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
- Transfer beans to a bowl and mash half the mixture using the back of a folk. Set aside.
- Combine tomato with coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt, capsicum and lime to make a salsa.
- Divide iceberg lettuce evenly into base of bowls then place around with beans, corn and tomato salsa in blocks.
- Top with lime and squeeze of lime juice, fresh chilli and sour cream.
- Serve with corn tortillas.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?