Vegetarian Burrito Bowl
We are definitely big fans of Taco Tuesday, but we like to switch it up here at 28. My vegetarian burrito bowl with black beans will satisfy those Mexican cravings with every mouthful. One of my favourite healthy recipes, this is packed full of flavour and perfectly balanced – you'll be wondering why you haven't tried this one earlier!
- 400 g black beans drained & rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cups water
- 2 tomatoes finely diced
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 red capsicum finely diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 red chilli small, finely diced
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 125 g corn kernels tinned, rinsed
- 1/2 lime quartered
- 1/2 red chilli small, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 4 corn tortillas
- Heat a non stick frypan over medium high heat and cook rinsed beans with the garlic, spices and 1/3 cup of water, stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
- Transfer beans to a bowl and mash half the mixture using the back of a folk. Set aside.
- Combine tomato with coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt, capsicum and lime to make a salsa.
- Divide iceberg lettuce evenly into base of bowls then place around with beans, corn and tomato salsa in blocks.
- Top with lime and squeeze of lime juice, fresh chilli and sour cream.
- Serve with corn tortillas.