- 400 g chickpeas Tinned, drained, rinsed and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten free
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate baking chips are quicker to melt
- Preheat oven to 180 celcius and lightly grease a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients except choc chips into a blender and pulse for 45 seconds-1 minute, or until all ingredients are blended together and the mixture has a doughy consistency.
- Place dough into a large mixing bowl and fold through the choc chips.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of dough and roll them into 10 balls, it is easiest to do this with wet hands as the mixture will be sticky.
- Place the balls onto the baking sheet and flatten them using the back of a spoon.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container (good for up to 5 days).
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?
WANT MORE HEALTHY BISCUIT RECIPES?
Try our moreish recipe for choc-chip oats cookies