Choc Chickpea Biscuits
Chickpeas in a biscuit? Yes, that's right! Although it might seem like an odd mix, these chickpea-based choc-chip cookies are a hit with the kids (and anyone who loves biscuits!). A healthy snack that chocolatey and chewy on the inside and made with 100% natural, nutritious ingredients. You won't regret giving these a go!
- 400 g chickpeas Tinned, drained, rinsed and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten free
- 2/3 cup 85% dark chocolate baking chips are quicker to melt
- Preheat oven to 180 celcius and lightly grease a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients except choc chips into a blender and pulse for 45 seconds-1 minute, or until all ingredients are blended together and the mixture has a doughy consistency.
- Place dough into a large mixing bowl and fold through the choc chips.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of dough and roll them into 10 balls, it is easiest to do this with wet hands as the mixture will be sticky.
- Place the balls onto the baking sheet and flatten them using the back of a spoon.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container (good for up to 5 days).
For something a little ‘same but different’, try our tasty recipe for choc-chip healthy oats cookies!
WANT MORE HEALTHY BISCUIT RECIPES?
Try our recipe for choc-chip oats cookies!