Choc Chip Oat Cookies
When those 3.30 cravings hit, it's best to be prepared with something healthy AND tasty. My natural choc-chip oats cookies take 25mins to make and will keep you or the kids going until dinner. Free of refined sugar and filled with nourishing oats and yummy dark chocolate chips, they'll hit the spot every time!
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 50 g 85% dark chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, vanilla, maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and add the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined. Finally, fold in the dark chocolate.
- Roll tablespoon sized balls of mixture with your hands and flatten slightly onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies begin to turn golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tray.