- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 50 g 85% dark chocolate block roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, vanilla, maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and add the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined. Finally, fold in the dark chocolate.
- Roll tablespoon sized balls of mixture with your hands and flatten slightly onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies begin to turn golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tray.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?